"‰" redirects here.
Permille may also be a 1000-quantile.
"Promille" redirects here.
For the Finnish video game, see Promille (video game).
|In Unicode||U+2030 ‰ PER MILLE SIGN (HTML ‰ · ‰)|
|See also||U+0025 % PERCENT SIGN|
Other recognised spellings include per mil, per mill, permil, permill, or permille.
The term occurs so rarely in English that major dictionaries do not agree on the spelling and some major dictionaries such as Macmillan do not even contain an entry.
The term is more common in other European languages where it is used to express fractions smaller than 1%.
Per mil should not be confused with parts per million (ppm).
- Percentage point difference of 1 part in 100
- Percentage (%) 1 part in 100
- Basis point (bp) difference of 1 part in 10,000
- Permyriad (‱) 1 part in 10,000
- Per cent mille (pcm) 1 part in 100,000
- Parts-per notation
- Per-unit system
- Percent point function
- Fineness of precious metals (given as "0.000-fine")
Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per mille.