|Province||Ciudad de La Habana|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
It is situated to the east of the entrance to Havana Harbor.
In 1762, the year of the capture of Havana by the British, a suburb of this name already existed.
After 1763 navigators of cabotage and carpenters who repaired merchant ships lived there, and the carpenters established several workshops, in addition to the workshop that was created for the arsenal of the square.
In 1846 it had 894 inhabitants and 120 houses.
In 1858 its population had already reached 1,061.
A frequent ferry links Casablanca with the dock at the foot of Santa Clara street in Old Havana.
This is also the western terminus of the Hershey Electric Railway.
The base is a short distance from Caribbean Drydock Company SA, a repair and drydock facility.
Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca, Havana.