Cowra Guardian

From Wikipedia for FEVERv2
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Cowra Guardian, also published as The Guardian, The Cowra Gobbler, Cowra Guardian, Canowindra Star, The Canowindra Star and Eugowra News, Cowra Guardian and Lachlan Agricultural Recorder is a tri-weekly newspaper published in Cowra, New South Wales, Australia since 1885. Cowra Guardian_sentence_0

History Cowra Guardian_section_0

The Cowra Guardian began as the Cowra Guardian and Lachlan Agricultural Recorder (1885-1943), a provincial newspaper and rural guide, published by S. A. Stevenson. Cowra Guardian_sentence_1

It continued as the Cowra Guardian (1943-1980). Cowra Guardian_sentence_2

It was renamed The Guardian from 1980-1984 before reverting to the Cowra Guardian. Cowra Guardian_sentence_3

The Cowra Guardian absorbed a number of papers including the Lachlan Leader on 22 Oct 1943 and the Canowindra Star on 4 February 1972. Cowra Guardian_sentence_4

The Canowindra Star was published from to 1971. Cowra Guardian_sentence_5

It was named The Canowindra Star and Eugowra News from 1903-1925 before reverting to the Canowindra Star. Cowra Guardian_sentence_6

Provincial newspapers were an important outlet for the concerns of rural communities. Cowra Guardian_sentence_7

In 1919 the proprietor of the Cowra Guardian, J. J. Sullivan articulated the needs of rural families at the annual conference of the NSWCPA. Cowra Guardian_sentence_8

The Cowra Guardian was acquired by Macquarie Publications in the 1980s. Cowra Guardian_sentence_9

See also Cowra Guardian_section_1

Cowra Guardian_unordered_list_0


Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowra Guardian.