This article is about the album by Art Blakey.
For the album by Slide Hampton, see Drum Suite (Slide Hampton album).
For the album by the Manny Albam-Ernie Wilkins Orchestra, see The Drum Suite.
The 2005 CD reissue added three tracks from a June 1956 session, two of them previously released on Originally in 1982.
Allmusic awarded the album 4 stars, calling it "Groundbreaking for its time, and still sounding vital, powerful, and visionary, the Drum Suite album is somewhat of a lost masterpiece that deserves a fresh audience".
- "The Sacrifice" (Art Blakey) - 5:16
- "Cubano Chant" (Ray Bryant) - 4:01
- "Oscalypso" (Oscar Pettiford) - 8:48
- "Nica's Tempo" (Gigi Gryce) - 8:24
- "D's Dilemma" (Mal Waldron) - 8:32
- "Just for Marty" (Bill Hardman) - 5:56
- Bonus tracks on 2005 Legacy CD:
- "Lil' T (a.k.a. The Third)" - 8:12
- "The New Message (a.k.a. Little T)" (Take 1) - 8:39
- "The New Message (a.k.a. Little T)" (Take 3) - 5:32
- Art Blakey - drums
- Bill Hardman (4–6), Donald Byrd (7–9) - trumpet
- Jackie McLean - alto saxophone (tracks 4–6)
- Ira Sullivan - tenor saxophone (7–9)
- Ray Bryant (tracks 1–3), Sam Dockery (tracks 4–6), Kenny Drew (7–9) - piano
- Oscar Pettiford - bass, cello (tracks 1–3)
- Spanky DeBrest (tracks 4–6), Wilbur Ware (tracks 7–9) - bass
- Jo Jones - drums (tracks 1–3)
- Charles "Specs" Wright - drums, timpani, gong (tracks 1–3)
- Candido Camero, Sabu Martinez - bongos (tracks 1–3)
Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum Suite.