English, Brazoria County, Texas
The Handbook of Texas states that the community may have been named after the family of an area resident named "Buck" English.
In 1917, English had a general store and a cotton gin.
In 1924, a post office opened in English, closing later that year with its functions transferring to the office in Sandy Point.
Area maps from the 1980s show several scattered residences and abandoned buildings.
Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English, Brazoria County, Texas.