Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)

From Wikipedia for FEVERv2
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Forest Hill Cemetery in Ann Arbor, Michigan is a 65-acre (260,000 m) cemetery founded in 1857. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_0

A civil engineer named James Lewis Glenn designed the cemetery in the rural or garden style popular in the second half of the 19th century. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_1

The cemetery's main gate was designed by James Morwick in the Gothic Revival style. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_2

Gordon W. Lloyd, a leading architect based in Detroit, Michigan, designed the cemetery's gatehouse and sexton's residence, also in the Gothic Revival style. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_3

In 1859 Dr. Benajah Ticknor was the first person to be buried in Forest Hill. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_4

Ticknor had been a surgeon in the U.S. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_5 Navy and the owner of property now known as Cobblestone Farm in Ann Arbor. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_6

Prior to the establishment of the cemetery, Chi Psi fraternity built the nation's first fraternity building (a hunting lodge) on the site, in 1849. Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_sentence_7

Notable persons interred at Forest Hill Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_section_0

Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan)_unordered_list_0


Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest Hill Cemetery (Ann Arbor, Michigan).