|Built by||Maltese insurgents|
|In use||c. 1798–1800|
|Battles/wars||Siege of Malta (1798–1800)|
It was built by Maltese insurgents during the French blockade of 1798–1800.
The redoubt was built around a windmill known as Bir Għeliem, or Ta' Buleben, which had been built by Ramon Perellos y Roccaful in around 1710.
The redoubt was built using rubble walls, and had a triangular shape, and was built in a way so as to block the roads between the three villages.
The windmill occupied the south side of the redoubt, and was used as a blockhouse.
The windmill's tower served as a lookout post.
No details are known about the size of the garrison and the armament of the redoubt.
The Windmill Redoubt was probably demolished soon after the end of the blockade since it blocked important roads.
The windmill itself still exists, with some modifications, and it now stands on the middle of a roundabout.
Credits to the contents of this page go to the authors of the corresponding Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windmill Redoubt.